Thank you for visiting the VivoPoint website (the “Platform”), owned and operated by VivoAquatics Inc. (“VivoAquatics”). VivoAquatics is an industry-leading provider of innovative water management solutions.
Please read the following information carefully. It tells you when this notice is effective, what information we collect from you, how we might use it, how you can review or change the personal information you provided to us, how we may change this notice, and the steps we take to ensure that your personal information is protected. We are committed to the privacy of our visitors and hope you enjoy your visit!
If you have a specific question, feel free to click to the appropriate section below:
We collect two types of information: Identifying Information and Non-Identifying Information.
When you create an account, make a purchase, or when you enter information on this Platform, we may collect personal information from you including your:
- first and last name
- company or personal email address
- payment information
- phone number
- company name
- company address
- authorized users
- geolocation information
- access times
- video and photographs provided during support calls
We may also collect general information resulting from your activity on the Platform, including your preferences and other tendencies. This includes anonymous “traffic data” or tracking information provided by the website’s host or similar provider of such information (i.e., Google Analytics, Mixpanel, and Full Story) that does not personally identify you, but may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer. Analytics is the process of collecting, analyzing, and reporting aggregate data. This information may include which pages visitors visit, how long visitors may stay on a particular page, and where visitors are located. It may also provide information about what browser, network, or device is used to visit our Platform. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. To learn more about Mixpanel, please visit https://mixpanel.com/legal/privacy-policy. To learn more about Full Story, please visit https://www.fullstory.com/legal/privacy/.
In addition, when you visit our Platform, we may also log your anonymous IP addresses, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device. This helps us diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Platform, or to display the content according to your preferences.
A cookie is a small string of information that the website you visit transfers to your computer for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity on the website and that information helps websites to understand your preferences and improve your website experience. Cookies are also used for such activities as remembering your user name and password, if you use such a feature on this Platform. You can turn off all cookies in the event you prefer not to receive them. You can also have your computer warn you whenever cookies are being used. There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. Please be aware, however, that when you choose to reject cookies, you may lose access to our Platform.
A web beacon is an invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a web page, web-based document or e-mail message. It helps us do things like view the URL of the page on which the beacon appears and the time the Platform, document or email in question is viewed. They can be used to confirm the receipt of, and response to, our emails, including those that you forward to friends and family; and they help deliver a more personalized online experience.
We receive location information when you’re using the VivoPoint Platform, including when the app is in use in the foreground or background. We may continuously collect location information from you when the Platform is in use in the foreground or background in order to personalize the Platform experience. We also use this information for analytics purposes.
We and our third-party service providers may use your information and any third-party personal data that you may provide, as applicable:
- to create and manage your account;
- to respond to user inquiries and/or other requests or questions;
- to identify you when you login to your account on the Platform
- to enable us to operate the Platform;
- to inform the user of events and provide information about their property;
- to distribute daily, weekly, or monthly data and reports regarding the property;
- to send you important information regarding the Platform, such as certain changes to our terms, conditions, policies and/or other administrative information;
- to improve our services and the interactions you have with our Platform;
- to inform you of products, programs, services and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to provide customer service;
- to market products and services that may be of interest to you--for instance, we may add you to the VivoPoint email list and newsletter when you make an online purchase or sign up for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Platform, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; and
- to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
We may share the data collected about your use and property. We may use your depersonalized personal information to provide analyses of the App in the aggregate to our prospective business partners and other third parties. We may also share the personal information we collect from you under the following circumstances, and you expressly authorize us to share your information as follows:
- Protection of rights. We will share personal information if we have a good faith belief that (i) access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities, (ii) such action is appropriate to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use for the App, including any investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the App, or (iv) such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of HIA Technologies, its employees, users of the App or others.
- Asset transfers. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of HIA Technologies’ assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of the App, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you through email and/or a prominent notice within the App.
For your convenience, we may link to third party sites and services, or otherwise display third party content through our Platform. Here are some examples of third party content and services available through or via our Platform:
- Contact management and marketing – We use MailChimp, SES, NetSuite, and Survey Monkey to help automate our contact management, marketing, and newsletters.
- YouTube or Vimeo – We may embed content on our Platform from other online services, such as a recorded video.
- Infrastructure – We use Amazon Web Services to support our Platform. We also work with other third parties such as, Google Drive, Pingdom, Segment, Sentry, and Scout to support our infrastructure.
- LiveChat and Remote Support – We work with ZenDesk to provide you with LiveChat support. We also work with Skype and Facetime to provide remote video support.
- Advertising – We use third party social media platforms, such as Facebook, to provide you with advertising.
- Onboarding – We work with AppCues to provide you with seamless onboarding and Platform tours.
- eCommerce – We use NuOrder to assist with our online sales and purchase process.
Please note that these other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information. We urge you to review the equivalent data protection, privacy, and cookie policies available on their websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the data protection of privacy practices of third parties in relation to such websites and your use of third party websites is entirely at your own risk.
We will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information or general information to third parties without informing you in advance. However, we may provide some of our services through contractual arrangements with affiliates, services providers, partners and other third parties. Our service partners may use your personal information to operate the website and deliver services. We use these third parties to help handle parts of our business. They help us do things like fulfill orders, process payments, provide analytics, monitor activity, maintain databases, and administer and monitor emails. These parties will only use your data for the purpose of carrying out the work as agreed with us.
VivoAquatics fully cooperates with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our Platform for illegal activities. We will release personal or general information without your consent for security purposes, when required by law, or to prevent imminent harm to any person or entity. We will disclose personal or general information upon receipt of a court order or subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation, which may include responding to requests and court orders from jurisdictions outside the United States. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful, as determined in our sole discretion.
- Email Opt Out – Those who wish to opt-out from receiving email offers will have their address removed within 1-10 days of receipt of their request to opt-out or to unsubscribe at support@VivoPoint.com. If you have multiple email addresses you will need to opt-out for each address in order to be removed from our active database.
- Location information – You may have the ability to turn location-based services on and off by adjusting the settings of your Internet browser or mobile device.
By logging into your account, you can delete credit cards information, billing and shipping address information, your phone number, and email address. If you would like to permanently delete your account, you can email us at support@VivoPoint.com. Please note, your name, order history, and insurance account information cannot be deleted from our system.
In order to protect both the personal information and the general information that we receive from you through the website, we have implemented various security measures. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely. All information you provide to us is stored in secure managed servers.
Whenever you give out personal information online there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. While we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. By using this Platform, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we cannot guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through this Platform and that any personal information, general information, or other data or information received from you through the Platform is provided at your own risk. We are not liable for any damages arising out of, or in any way connect with, a third party’s unauthorized access to your information.
While we implement the above security measures on our Platform, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible. Whenever you give out personal information online there is a risk that a third party may intercept and use that information. While we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. By using this Platform, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we cannot guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us through this Platform and that any personal information, general information, or other data or information received from you through the Platform is provided at your own risk.
This notice and our privacy practices will be subject exclusively to the laws of the State of California within the United States of America. By using our Platform, you hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts of California any claim or matter arising under or in connection with the Platform.
The Platform is hosted and operated entirely in the United States and is subject to United States law. Please do not do not provide us with any information or attempt to purchase our products if you live outside of the United States. If you are from a jurisdiction outside of the United States, please notify us so that we may take necessary action. This may include terminating your account and deleting your information. We are committed to resolving those issues, so if you have any questions about how we collect or use your information you may email us at support@VivoPoint.com.
August 7, 2019.